“What if I fall?” “Oh my darling, but what if you fly?”
Faith is something that has grown in my life over the years. About seven years ago I was in a very low place and through my challenges I heard God’s prompting me to take a step out of my comfort zone. It took some time but I finally listened and the outcome was more that I could imagine. I was able to start a preschool through our current church and God provided the finances, the staff and the amazing students. He defiantly helped me fly! Fast forward to about two years ago and another situation arose when I was challenged yet again to step out into faith. I was new to the Canton area, I was pregnant with our fourth child and God was prompting me to interview for the Executive Director position at Tiqvah Hands of Hope. God was there again and he has been helping me fly. Through both situation my faith continues to grow because when I don’t let my fear overtake my faith, God wins and he is always there!
One of the things I love so much about Tiqvah is the faith that it was built upon. Ten years ago our founder, Sarah Kropf, decided to step out in faith. She saw a problem and instead of asking what others were going to do about it, she did something. When the locations for Tiqvah were being outgrown or when the bank account didn’t show the number that it needed…she had faith and God showed up and he kept showing up!
As the Executive Director I can tell you that Tiqvah continues to operate by faith. Having faith doesn’t mean we are irresponsible or doing only what we want, it’s listening to God’s plan and allowing him to lead…even if it is WAY out of our comfort zone. I am reminded daily that God has Tiqvah and he has big plans for us at Tiqvah. When we have struggled God has provided. He puts people in the right place at the right time. I pray daily that God gives me the words to say and that he soften the hearts of those I meet to share with them our cause at Tiqvah.
In the pictures you will see some examples of God’s faithfulness to Tiqvah in this past year alone:
- 15 iPads were donated to help us during academic time and with teaching our students coding
- We were in need of another van to transport more students and God provided donors for us to be able to purchase Papa Smurf
- Volunteers are very critical at Tiqvah and God provided us with some very dedicated volunteers, one teaches yoga to our students weekly
- We had a company and some individuals to bless our students during Christmas with toys, PJs and a family basket full of goodies for Christmas Break
- Thanks to some awesome volunteers we were also able to offer an “elf shop” for Christmas where Tiqvah students could pick gifts for their family members
- Our Celebration of Hope and Evening of Hope were presented a little different this year and God showed up, allowing them to both be very successful
- And our amazing students, I believe its through faith that these students are entrusted to us at Tiqvah, so that we can share God's love with them!
Like I said, these are just a few examples of the amazing things God has done in just the past year. Moving forward I am reminded what God has said in Matthew 17:20…”faith can move mountains.” Watch out Canton, God is on the move and Tiqvah is with him!