Get on Board!
There are a lot of pieces to the Tiqvah puzzle. One of those pieces is our Board of Directors. Our Board of Directors meet formally once a month. During board meetings the different committees take turns reporting out. As the Executive Director I also share about the happenings at Tiqvah as we work together to make Tiqvah the place God has intended it to be. At this time we are eagerly searching for individuals to help with our Human Resources and Marketing/Communications committees.
Below are the expectations and the commitment our Board Members make:
I, (insert name), understand that as a member of the Board of Directors of Tiqvah Hands of Hope, I have a moral and ethical responsibility for governance and oversight, in order to ensure that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals, in the best interest of its constituencies, and for the greater good of the community it serves. I am committed to the purpose, values and mission of the organization, and will act responsibly and prudently as its steward and advocate. As such, I profess faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and commit to living a life that honors God and blesses others as an extension of God’s saving grace.
As a responsible board member:
1. I will share the organization's values and goals in the community at large, represent those values and goals, and act as spokesperson and advocate. As advocate, I commit to cultivating new relationships, generating support and seeking strategic partnerships as opportunities present themselves.
2. In turn, I will share our constituents’ needs and values with the organization, speak out for their interests and on their behalf, and work cooperatively with board members and staff to make the best use of available resources to meet those needs and achieve the common goals of the organization.
3. I will attend board meetings, committee meetings, and special events. Please see board meeting dates/times for the year attached.
4. I commit to making an annual, personal contribution; my donation will be the second highest charitable gift you will make in a year.
5. I will actively participate in fundraising activities and committees.
6. I will discuss any conflict or disagreement with the board with integrity and leave the meeting united as a Tiqvah board member and will not discuss outside of Tiqvah.
7. I will stay informed about what's going on in the organization. I will ask questions and request information. I will participate in and take responsibility for making decisions on issues, policies, and other matters and will not stay silent if I have questions or concerns.
8. I will expect to be held accountable by the board and its leadership in the event I don't fulfill these commitments to the organization.
Upon reading these exceptions if you are interested in getting involved and helping us continue our mission in impacting children's lives - body, mind and soul please feel free to contact me or simply download the application below and send it back to us. Thank you for your interest in Tiqvah! If a board member position is not for you please take a minute and pray that God will provide the right people to help us continue to grow in our mission in Canton, Ohio.
Lesley Doan - Executive Director